bash and '&'

Sergey Okhapkin sos@buggy.prospect.com.ru
Wed Apr 8 04:56:00 GMT 1998

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> You are not understanding the problem.  If in b18 bash you execute a job
> in the background, say for example "wish80 &", and exited the bash
> session then the TK window remained open and the console window died.
> If you do the same thing under b19, the bash process dies but the
> console window doesn't.  You can't do anything with it except to iconize

Disable tty support before running bash. Bash (as first cygwin application
runned in the console) creates controlling tty for the console, wish
inherits it and forces tty master threads of bash to run even after bash's
"exit". B18 didn't has tty support.

BTW, sorry me for my wrong previous info - cygwish80.exe is a windows, but
not console application.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia