Motif/Xt/Xlib

Marc Dzaebel marc@rose.de
Wed Apr 8 13:54:00 GMT 1998

> At 11:35 AM 4/2/98 -0800, Xavier Plasencia wrote:
> >No, WxWin is a wrapper for Motif, therefore wxWin needs motif to
compile.
> >Lesstif is the only free motif clone.
>
> Larry Hall <lhall@rfk.com>:
> I don't think this is completely true.  I believe there is a
version of
> wxWin for Windows which uses native Windows GUI constructs and
therefore
> does not need lesstif.  This information is still not helpful for
Marc
> though...

You're quite right.  On Solaris wxWindows needs XView 3.x or Motif
1.2.x which is distributed with the OS since 2.6.  (including CDE).
However, on MS Windows or NT it only needs Microsoft C/C++ version
7 or above, or Borland C++ version 3.1 (other compilers may work).
I did not try wxWindows yet. For my case lesstif or wxWin may
may work.

See
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/manuals/html/wx/wx5.ht
m#requirements