New patch

Parker, Ron rdparker@butlermfg.org
Wed Apr 22 20:23:00 GMT 1998

No we don't really need it.  I was wondering why you implemented this
in the first place.  Using select() explains it all. I agree that
PeekMessage should be used.

I thought you were trying to replace the entire message loop
functionality with a UNIX like interface. (^8

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Okhapkin [ mailto:sos@buggy.prospect.com.ru ]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 9:47 AM
To: 'Gnu-Win32'; 'Parker, Ron'
Cc: 'cygwin32-developers@cygnus.com'
Subject: RE: New patch

Parker, Ron wrote:
> It there a method to check for content on the queue, like
PeekMessage?
> Would it make sense to have one?

Do we really need it? Just call PeekMessage() :-) The main goal of my
patch
is to provide working select() on a mix of handles and message queue,
it's
really neccessary to compile GDI version of Xemacs with cygwin.

Anyway, it's easy to implement a read() call without removing a
message
from the queue, have you any suggestions how to control the behavior
of
read() call?

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos