EGCS Win32 gcc compiler wanted

Mikey jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com
Sun Apr 26 09:21:00 GMT 1998

no, the problem was that the options to
tar were not in the correct order, should
have been

tar vxzf egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz

the name of the file is a parameter to the -f option.

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 14:47:29 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello Gorton,
>
>You wrote:
>
>>Yes, I am using the FAT file system on NT, but the problem does not seem to be that you mentioned below. To me, it seems to be a problem with tar utility. I used the following command to unpack and tar this egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz file. It took me more than 20 hours to do this but still could not finish it.
>>
>>tar -xvfz egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz.
>>
>>To fix this problem is easy, just separate this to two steps as follow.
>>
>>gzip -d -xvfz egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz.
>>tar -xvf egcs-1.0.2.tar
>Recently someone complained about pipes in cygwin32 beeing in text
>mode by default. Perhaps the pipe tar uses to un-gzip the archive is
>in text mode, too? This could explain why it took so long (every CR
>had to be converted to CRLF for example) and why the output was
>corrupted.
>
>Any comments from someone who knows it exactly?
>
>bye
>
>Michael
>-

Linux a platform built by, and for users, standing on
the firm legs of reliability, and speed.

Microsoft Windows, a platform without a leg to stand on.

(jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com)
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey
-