problem with make

Pete Jordan pete@horus.cix.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 11:19:00 GMT 1998

Stuart <stuart@its.washington.edu> wrote:

> javac Applet.java -d e:/public_html
>
> which says compile Applet.java to Applet.class, putting the class file
> in directory e:/public_html
>
> Now, even with mount points and/or the use of the //e/public_html
> syntax, javac refuses to recognise this form of path.  I expected the
> mount point not to work and it says on the Cygwin32 web page that only
> cygwin32 tools know about mounting, and the JDK isnt such a toolset.
> So I guess I'm stuffed!

You could try wrapping javac in my debash program (you'll find it at
http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/download/debash-1.1.tar.gz ) which is intended
to deal with exactly this problem, translating GNU-Win32 pathnames into
DOS format.

HTH,

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"There a few things that a committee can do well. There are very many
 more things that a committee will always do badly. And killing a boar
 is one of the things that no committee should ever try at all."
-