CD-based distribution (was Another website....)

Marcus Brown Brown@sw.mke.etn.com
Wed Aug 12 13:00:00 GMT 1998

Well, I couldn't really say anything about the Debian tools since I've
never used the Debian distribution, only RedHat and Slackware.  The rpm
port to cygwin32 that I have seen is solid, and works fine with source
rpms (haven't tried binary so don't quote me on this :).  If there is a
better or more convenient way to package distributions I'd be glad to
take a look at it, rpm is the first thing that came to mind.  A more
pressing issue would seem to be what would actually be included in this
distribution...

Marcus
--

Robert Read wrote:
		What about the Debian .deb tools?  I've never compared
the two side by
		side, but Debian seemed have a better handle on package
dependencies and
		also a better support for upgrades.  The package
selection application was
		a bit obtuse, though.

		robert
-