Building perl5 for cygwin32

Pete Jordan pete@horus.cix.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 08:13:00 GMT 1998

 <john_r_velman@mail.hac.com> wrote:

> I'm using Yep-Perl build 1 from this site, and it seems to work
> fine, so far.  However, the installation directory tree is very
> non-standard, starting as it does in /qub.  I started to install it
> in a way more to my liking (and more consistent with Linux-like
> file structure), and found that the /qub tree was built into some
> of the scripts (such as perldoc). Does anyone know how
> much trouble it would be to move the Yep-Perl into a more standard
> directory structure?

What I've done is:

1. Install the YEP-Perl distribution in /usr/local/perl

2. Either symlink or mount /qub to point to /usr/local/perl (I've done
both - on two different machines :) - and either option works fine)

3. Symlink the executables from /usr/local/perl to /usr/local/bin (you
could just add /usr/local/perl to your PATH if you wish)

And yes, I /will/ be documenting this on my GNU-Win32 web pages soon...

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"'Not twisted,' Salzy once said of her own passion, 'it is helical.
 That sounds better.'"
-