Using dllwrap on C++ code [Re: Linker error]

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 8 23:20:00 GMT 1998

"Joost Kraaijeveld" <JKraaijeveld@askesis.nl> writes:
> Below is the output of a compilation. Can anyone give me am idea where I
> must look for the error?

Note that I've changed the subject line to reflect the problem so that
it's easier to find when doing a mailing list search.

Dllwrap by default uses the C compiler-driver since it has no way of
knowning otherwise. Since you're linking C++ code,

  - you can tell dllwrap that it needs to use the C++ driver via the
    --driver-name=c++ option so that the C++ runtime is automatically
    linked in (preferred method in my book).

    $ dllwrap --driver-name=c++ -o pq++.dll --dllname pq++.dll \
      --def pq++.def pgenv.o pgconnection.o pgtransdb.o pgcursordb.o \
      pglobject.o ../../utils/dllinit.o  -L../libpq -lpq

  - or, include the C++ runtime library explicitly (-lstdc++).

    $ dllwrap -o pq++.dll --dllname pq++.dll \
      --def pq++.def pgenv.o pgconnection.o pgtransdb.o pgcursordb.o \
      pglobject.o ../../utils/dllinit.o  -L../libpq -lpq -lstdc++

fyi, dllwrap deduces the ``--dllname <dllname>' argument from `-o <dll>'
argument (and vice versa), so you don't need to specify the --dllname
any more. I should probably write some documentation, but the weather
needs to turn really cold before that happens.

Regards,
Mumit

-