help on compiling perl/ nt with cygwin. gnu c lib missing

john z zephyr@wesell.com
Fri Dec 11 14:39:00 GMT 1998

im trying to install perl5.05_54 on a brand new nt box. it has a vanilla
setup. b20.1 full was installed and it seemed ok.

when i try the cygwin installation for perl, i get an error that 'gnu c
libary' not found. i modified ld2, and gcc2 and it seemed to pass that test.

can somebody tell me what i am missing. i did NOT install the gnu c library
(thought enough of it came over with full/ egcs.

am i missing some symbols?

(and please dont tell me i should switch to activestate perl). as is just
fine, but i want to use modules not yet supported.

tks
john z.
zephyr@wesell.com.NoJunkPad

-