rsync and Windows 95

Marcus Vogt marcus@audatex.com.au
Thu Dec 17 17:42:00 GMT 1998

G'day,

I've been having lots of fun playing with rsync 2.2.0  and
cygwin 20.1.  Now I have this working via rsh and it works
a both under NT and windows 95.  Trying to do this via
a direct TCP connection causes problems on the 95 machine.

Now this works perfectly under NT, however under 95 it hits a
select() on a pipe and goes into an infinite wait.  I understand
that there are differences between the NT and the 9x
implementations - is this one of them?

How do I go about resolving this problem?  Any pointers
would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Marcus Vogt
-