problem installing B20.1 on NT 4.0 sp3

Kris Thielemans kris@cu.rpms.ac.uk
Wed Dec 30 18:07:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest/full.exe. When I run it (double-click in explorer
for instance), I get some boxes that files are extracted, then an hourglass
(for a few seconds), then nothing !

Checking my c:\tmp directory, I find a subdirectory (one for each attempt of
running full.exe), with probably all files in there (see attached list),
including Setup.exe. When I try to run Setup.exe by hand (double-click in
explorer again), the hourglass appears again, but nothing more happens.

What do I do wrong ?

I run NT 4.0 sp3 (dual processor). I am currently running Cygwin B19.1 (I
didn't uninstall it) in a fairly standard installation (I did move some
environment variables from cygnus.bat to my system environment, see attached
list).

Thanks !

Kris