Windows NOTEPAD replacement that read binary text files.

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:48:00 GMT 1998

>Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:05:35 -0500 (EST)
>From: Yigal Hochberg <hochberg@cisco.com>
>To: earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
>CC: ggp@informix.com, Tony.Thompson@arm.com
>Subject: Re: Windows NOTEPAD replacement that read binary text files.
>

>Earnie and others,
>
>I hardly use notepad. My ntemacs starts at boot time and I do
>EVERYTHING from it.
>
>Is there any good reason to explore or consider pfe?.  It may be a very
>good tool but does it give me anything beyond ntemacs ?

Not having experience with emacs I can't speak to this.  I use VIM for
most of my text editing.  I posted about the Notepad+ after finding it
because others have had concerns about their users converting binary
text files.

As for PFE, I haven't had a chance to play with it much but it is very
user friendly, user configurable and will do some IDE work.  You can
even create templates based on source extension.

>Thanks,
>
>--
>Yigal

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----