questions about port and timer functions

herzer@rz-nov5.rz.fh-weingarten.de herzer@rz-nov5.rz.fh-weingarten.de
Wed Jan 21 05:01:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

Thanks to all who replied to my question!

It seems that I need something like a 'driver'. This driver does
nothing else than give me access to the desired port(s). There was a
library shipped with the board, but I do not want to use these
functions (call it learning how write a very simple 'driver').
In other words: I want my own routine (or 'driver' in this case) which
grants me port access.

Does anyone have an example for such a 'driver' routine?

The next days I will test the timer code! I am very interested to
hear more things about possible SMP conflicts in this case!

Armin Herzer
FH Ravensburg-Weingarten
Postfach 1261
88241 Weingarten