benchmarks
Fergus Henderson
fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Jan 24 07:53:00 GMT 1998
On 23-Jan-1998, root <root@jacob.remcomp.fr> wrote:
> I thought it would be interesting to see the benchmarks of different compilers
> with all optimizations turned on.
Yes, this is interesting. But it would be more useful if you also
listed exactly which options you used for each compiler.
> o The relatively bad performance of egcs is surprising.
I have heard that ECGS's treatment of exception handling imposes some costs,
even for C code which doesn't use exceptions. I think there is an option
to turn it off, which reportedly improves performance significantly.
--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au> | "I have always known that the pursuit
WWW: < http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh > | of excellence is a lethal habit"
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3 | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list