which gdb best for mingw32 2.8.0?
Earnie Boyd
earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 07:15:00 GMT 1998
Hi Thomas,
I've used the minimalist EGCS version on NT3.51. I've just ported the
textutils package using it. I've not used gdb, though. EGCS is
experimental in the sense that it provides cutting edge releases of gcc
but the releases seem to be stable (at least so far as I've
experienced).
- \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------
Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/ (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/ (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/ (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32 (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/ (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/ (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/ (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
>From owner-gnu-win32@cygnus.com Fri Jan 23 20:04:26 1998
>Received: (from majordom@localhost)
> by runyon.cygnus.com (8.8.7-cygnus/8.8.7) id MAA24763;
> Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:57:41 -0800 (PST)
>Received: from ren.globecomm.net (ren.globecomm.net [207.51.48.3])
> by runyon.cygnus.com (8.8.7-cygnus/8.8.7) with ESMTP id MAA24759
> for <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>; Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:57:39 -0800 (PST)
>Received: from spot (p77.nas2.is4.u-net.net [195.102.196.205]) by
ren.globecomm.net (8.8.8/8.8.0) with SMTP id PAA18815 for
<gnu-win32@cygnus.com>; Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:57:32 -0500 (EST)
>Message-Id: < 3.0.2.32.19980121205522.006a28d4@messagebox.com >
>X-Sender: tnichols@messagebox.com
>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.2 (32)
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:55:22 +0000
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>From: Thomas Nichols <thomas.nichols@mail.com>
>Subject: which gdb best for mingw32 2.8.0?
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>Sender: owner-gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Precedence: bulk
>
>Hello,
>I've moved most of my cygwin32 stuff (native win32, using Zinc ZAF5 at
> http://www.zinc.com ) successfully to the mingw32 release at
> http://www.deninc.com . However, this is missing gdb (and a few other
tools,
>like diff). If I download Mumit Khan's egcs stuff, will that work with
>2.8.0? Do I have to download the whole thing, or just a part of it? Are
>there file format incompatibilities between the deninc and egcs
releases?
>
>I saw Colin's suggestion that egcs is the one to go for, but am
deterred by
>the deninc comments about egcs as an 'experimental' compiler. I'd
rather
>have a solid implementation of yesterdays's technology, a damning
admission
>of cowardice I know.
>
>Thanks,
>Regards,
>Tom.
>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
to
>"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
>
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list