Cannot find sethostent and gethostent

Michele Sardo micheles@bristol.st.com
Wed Jan 28 03:07:00 GMT 1998

Hello,

I was trying to compile X Windows 6.3 for GNU-Win32 following Sergey
Okhapkin's
suggestions but I was unable to find the sethostent and gethostent
functions.
The header file containing them is netdb.h, but the compilation fails
during the link stage because
cannot find the symbols:
xhost.o(.text+0x200):xhost.c: undefined reference to
`cygwin32_sethostent'
xhost.o(.text+0x318):xhost.c: undefined reference to
`cygwin32_endhostent'

Can anybody help on this ?

micheleS

P.S.
Is there any search utilities for the mailing list archive ?

--
Michele Sardo
SGS THOMSON Microelectronics,