tar: Could not change access and modification times: Permission denied

Christopher Faylor cgf@bbc.com
Fri Jan 30 12:32:00 GMT 1998


In article < 000501bd2d58$c751a2f0$b2e2e3d0@caliban.teamparadigm.com >,
Tim Fisher <tfisher@teamparadigm.com> wrote:
>tar: Could not change access and modification times of ncurses-4.1/Ada95:
>Permission denied
>
>This is the error message I get whenever I extract something with the tar
>xvzf command. Anybody know if this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

cygwin B18 is not able to change the access and modification times of
a directory.  I've submitted changes to allow this for B19.  If they are
included they should rectify this error, at least on Windows NT.  It may
not be possible to change the time/date on a directory in Windows 95.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".



More information about the Cygwin mailing list