WINDRES alternative for egcs Mingw32 on Win95

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 06:00:00 GMT 1998

Recently I've been using LRC which comes with Jacob Navia's LCC and
can be found at http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32 .

You could also find RC by MS in the SDK downloads from MSDN.  I don't
know which specific package though.

---Douglas Steele <ds@dsteele.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest an alternative for windres on ecgs Mingw32.
> On some Win95 setups it fails because when it does a popen it dumps
the
> res file to the screen instead of passing it to gcc.  Problem,
according
> to Mumit, is due not to windres, but to various Win95 DLL's which are
> used by Mingw32.
>

> It was suggested to me that I try to use windres compiled with djgpp
> ftp://sirio.stat.unipd.it/pub/misc and this compiles OK.  Even links
OK.
> Trouble is that I get a runtime error
> (system crash with blue screen
> Fatal Exception 0E at 0137:BFF9A07C
> then
> R incurred invalid page fault in module <unknown> at bffb:00080020)
>
> Presumably an incompatible windres.
>

> So, can anyone suggest an alternative to windres for Mingw32 ecgs ?
> (Unfortunately, I do not have the computing resources or experience to
> fix the popen problem in Mingw32 directly)
>

> --
> Douglas Steele
> -
message to