Poor performance of bash cd command

Mikey jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com
Mon Jul 20 11:30:00 GMT 1998

bash assumes : means remote host so you
1 load winsock
2 search for a host named c
3 discover no host
4 convert to cygwin32 path
5 cd /

the best thing to do is mount -b c:/ /c (if it isn't your root drive)
cd /c
see the list discussions (WARS) about text/binary for what the -b is for

a possible fix would be to change the search order in bash
so you attempt a local cd first, but this would probably break
many more things than it would fix

-