XEmacs

Jeff Paulsen jeff.paulsen@poorman-douglas.com
Tue Jul 21 12:23:00 GMT 1998

These, and many other problems, were fixed in b43 or b44. The b50
tarballs are current; you can get them at
ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/beta/xemacs-21.0/

You will also want new package tarballs from the
packages/binary-packages subdirectory.

Your problem is not X-related. In fact, I have been getting my best
results by configuring without-x. This requires some work to get a
libXpm.a that works without X, but it's been worth it. Also the EGCS
toolchain allows building with much higher optimizations.

I configured my b48 as follows:

./configure '--without-x'
		'--site-libraries=/usr/local/lib'
		'--site-includes=/usr/local/include'