Compiling POV-Ray 3.01 for windows with mingw32 ?

Alain CULOS ZAlain.Culos@bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 28 00:57:00 GMT 1998

Dear all,

You must be wondering what the hell this guy is doing : he posted a
few requests months back and he still has not a working compile ??? -
You're right, I just did not have any spare second left so far.

Thanks to the help of a few nice fellows I was able to make quite some
progress, still I have not arrived to the end.
So far I have compiled zlib and libpng without errors or warnings, but
for lib png I had to take out [-lm]. I do not have any clue what [-lm]
is meant to do, I just assumed it was automatically included with
mingw32. It does not seem to cause any problem really.
The symbols causing problem at link time for the part of Pvengine.exe
that uses libpng are symbols defined in zlib. These symbols are
present in my libz.a, so I do not understand why they should not be
linked.
Other symbols I was not able to locate though : GlobalAllocPtr is one
for instance.

When compiling the windows directory all looks fine : all object files
are created but I get a significant amount of warning and I usually do
not like having any type of warning since it usually means something
is wrong. I would appreciate if someone had some spare time to advise
me about the seriousness of these warnings (I am no expert at C).

Note that I am in no rush, so please take your time if you have some,
Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :
Pour me répondre, veuillez enlever le Z de mon adresse.