win32 popen clone for mingw32 anyone?

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 31 02:45:00 GMT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Douglas Steele wrote:

> Guido Masarotto <guido@sirio.stat.unipd.it> suggested the following to
> me "BTW, the djgpp libc contains an emulation of popen which
> perhaps can be used by Mumit Khan...  maybe you can signal it to him."

Thanks for the pointer. I'll take a look, though I doubt if it will work
with mingw32. I took one out of Perl Win32 module and modified it a bit to
make it work with mingw32 without perl library. Only tested it with simple
stuff, and so far seems to work.

I finally had a chance to try out windres on 5 different Win95 machines
running various OS versions -- from Win95 initial to the latest and
greatest. I still cannot reproduce this problem. Kind of hard for me
to fix if I can't reproduce. I'm using windres from binutils-2.9.1, so
maybe that's the difference? I've uploaded binutils-2.9.1 for others to
try out.

Mumit

-