[message] Still looking for RPM for cygwin32

Stipe Tolj tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri May 22 17:33:00 GMT 1998

Hi Urs,

> There has been discussoin on this list before about the benefits
> of havingf something like the RPM "Redhat Package Manager" for
> software "distributions". There even seemed to be one or two
> that tackled this. But I don't seem to be able to reach the
> author ("garbanzo@hooked.net") of the port nor his website.
> (" http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/ ")
>
> Did anyone get a look at it then when it was accessible and
> could possibly "email-attach" the diffs or or modified sources
> for the port? Or better yet put them online somewhere and let us
> know. [please check before you email it - just so I don't get
> overwhelmed with to many attachments. thanks.]

Have a look at David Fox's <fox@cat.nyu.edu> release 3 distribution at

    ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/local/fox/cygwin32

where you should find the files

    rpm-2.4.109-3.cygwin32.tar.gz
    rpm-2.4.109-3.src.rpm

Stipe.

--
stud.rer.pol. Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>
Department of Economical Computer Science

-