Licensing Terms

mvoss@kuttig.com mvoss@kuttig.com
Thu Nov 5 00:56:00 GMT 1998

DJ Delorie worte:

-Cygwin's licensing terms are spelled out here:
-  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/licensing.html
-Basically, not only can you *not* distribute cygwin's
-dll without sources, but if you use cygwin's dll,
-you can *not* distribute *your* program without sources
-either.
-To ship a dll or a cygwin-built program without
-sources, you would need to purchase a commercial
-cygwin license from Cygnus, and you will be
-given a version of cygwin that allows non-free
-use and redistribution.
-
-For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
-"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".

Does that also apply to software built with EGCS-1.1-MinGW32 ???
If so, WHAT do I have to buy, and what share does Mumit Khan get of that
money (he made the MinGW324EGCS package, after all)?

Can I SELL the software built with either Cygwin or EGCS if I include the
source code?

CU,
 Moritz

-