B20 and NT4 SP3: no luck either

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Sun Nov 8 00:43:00 GMT 1998

Hi Matt,

>Thinking I was on to something, I backed out SP4 (since it was a PITA
>anyway) and reverted to SP3.  configure for ncurses was still hanging in
>all kinds of different places.

You can revert to SP3 completely only if you reinstall NT4 and then
apply SP3. There is no other way back from SP4 to SP3 !!
Especially the authentication scheme has changed completely - once your
SAM is SP4, it is no longer readable for SP3 functions and commands.
This is even stated in the SP4 readme file.

>*sigh*

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-