Totally confused while installing CygWin under NT.

Wolfgang Glas Wolfgang.Glas@hfm.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Nov 11 02:01:00 GMT 1998

Hi there !

  I'm not familiar with Windows NT, since I exclusively worked with UNIX
in the last years. Now I'm in the situation to port UNIX program to NT.
There fore I downloaded 'full.exe' from the Beta 20 Release and started
the installation procedure (double-clicking it.)

WE use a German installation of NT 4.0 and I tried to run 'full.exe' as
an unprivileged user and as a user not named 'Administrator', but with
administrative privileges. Each time I unpacked into a non-existent
path, which was then created by the installation program. In all
situation the following happened:

  1) I entered the temporary path.
  2) I confirmed to create the path.
  3) 'full.exe' unpacks it into the path.
  4) I get a requester telling me, that the InstallWizard will be
set         up.
  5) I get an empty dialog iwth an 'OK' buttton.
  6) Pressing 'OK' stop the procedure without exver asking me for
     the installation path.

I guessed from the varaious README files and FAQ's, that this is not the
intended effect and I have no Idea what I've done wrong. Maybe the
language confused the installation program ?(Why the hell an empty
dialog ?) Many questions and no running installtion. I'd be kind if some
body can could cure my confusion, so I can really strrt programming
again.

  Thanks,

     Wolfgang Glas

--
Mag. Wolfgang Glas
Institut fuer hydraulische Stroemungsmaschinen

mailto:Wolfgang.Glas@hfm.tu-graz.ac.at
http://fhysmsg01.tu-graz.ac.at/Wolfgang.Glas/
-