BUG: B20 bison binary

Geoffrey Noer noer@cygnus.com
Fri Nov 20 21:59:00 GMT 1998

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 01:33:12PM -0600, Hugh Winkler wrote:

> 1. The bison distributed in the "full" distribution was compiled with the
> compile time variable XPLIB set to a directory on, evidently, a Cygnus
> developer's machine. It should be /usr/local/lib. ( Looks like prefix
> variable was set incorrectly when they ran configure.) This means to run
> bison you need to export BISON_SIMPLE=/usr/local/lib/bison.simple.

AFAIK, bison always ends up with a builtin path.  This means that
having the option to install the package in multiple places will tend
to break bison and require the setting of the BISON_LIB (?) environment
variable.

> 2. Except that bison.simple isn't in the full distribution. It's in the dev
> source distribution.

bison.simple is in my full.exe installation in the share subdirectoy...

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com