Technical compiler question.

Jan Madsen Jan.Madsen@epfl.ch
Mon Nov 23 23:49:00 GMT 1998

Hello,

I am currently working with an Intel Pentium II/Windows 95 computer and
as part of my work I am porting the sC++ language extension (see
http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/sCxx ) to Windows95.

I have, however, run into a bizarre problem with our language kernel and
need to know the layout of the registers that are used by the GNU C++
(EGCS 1.1 (i586) and GNU 2.8.1 (i386-cygwin32)) to determine the cause
of the problem (or eliminate a possible cause!). In particular the
layout of any "pseudo"-registers which are not placed in a hardware
register. Where are such "pseudo"-registers stored? In the local
function frame or at an fixed address? In the latter case how do I find
the(se) address(es)?

Thank you in advance,

Jan Madsen

Computer Networking Laboratory        - Laboratoire de Teleinformatique
Computer Science Department           - Departement d'Informatique
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - Ecole Polytechnique Federale
1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

email: Jan.Madsen@epfl.ch

Tel. 021 / 693 47 97
Fax. 021 / 693 66 00