B20: profiling

mvoss@kuttig.com mvoss@kuttig.com
Thu Nov 26 00:52:00 GMT 1998

Actually, I am writing a "fake" profiler for my own programs. You have to
link it into the program and explicitly call it, that's the problem.
I'm not a C++-crack, thus I can't write a real C++-profiler. But it's
pretty good at getting the clocks of your procedures and loops.
I'm planning on making a version that is "releasable" to the general
public, but at the moment, the version I am using is sometimes screwing up
everything in your memory...pretty dangerous, because Win95 & Win98 don't
really seem to protect their memory.

I'll inform you about any news.

Regards,
 Tiger