Help w/ man please...

Brian Snyder bsnyder@hns.com
Mon Nov 30 06:10:00 GMT 1998

Hi all, I have a 'man' problem that has me stumped.  I have man, less, ncurses, and groff all installed (and working individually) but it wont work together.  I do the following:

'man bash'

and i get back this:
Error executing formatting or display command.
System command (cd /usr/local/man ; tbl /usr/local/man/man1/bash.1 | groff -Tascii -mandoc | less -is) exited with status 32512.

Now the really weird thing is if i do those commands individually IT WORKS!  I can cd into the directory and cat out bash.1 to groff and then to less, and it works fine.

Any ideas??

TIA,
 Brian

ps.  As long as im posting, i signed up for this list, and set it to 'daily archive' but i never get any email from here, i can only check it from the web?  Is something wrong there?
-