Getting started

Randy Campbell randyc@fc.hp.com
Thu Oct 1 07:55:00 GMT 1998


I have downloaded the CygWin binaries and started trying to build my
application.

I have run into problems, mainly with headers not having the right defines
or
typedefs.

This leads to a higher level question:
Is there any existent "getting started" type documentation?  I haven't been
able
to find any, either with the download or on the web site.

A secondary question:
I downloaded the cdk-man package, but so far I haven't
figured out how to read the documentation.  There are man pages, but no
"man",
and there are .info pages, but I don't know what is supposed to read them.

Finally, a general gripe:
I have tried to access mailing list archives off the website.  I get a
succession of
"Document has moved" followed by "permission denied" dialogs.  This after
registering
an E-Group account.  What's up with that?

Thanks for any help,
Randy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".



More information about the Cygwin mailing list