MINGW32 Question on test.c

Curtis, Craig M. curtis_c@lxe.com
Mon Oct 5 07:42:00 GMT 1998

I tried compiling the test.c sample file that came in the sample zip
file using two methods.  I used the jamfile with jam and it worked fine,
by allowing me to type in a string to be output in the messagebox.  But
if I try compiling it using the method outlined in the tutorial, it does
not allow me to enter a string at the console and it displays a
messagebox with garbage in it.

The commands I entered in when it did not work are as follows:
gcc -c test.o test.c
gcc -o test.exe test.o -mwindows

Is there some special mode, model, or library I need to link with to
make it work when typing it in by hand?

Thanks,
-