MFC with egcs 1.1 (Was: MFC with CygWin)

Thomas Nichols thomas.nichols@iname.com
Fri Oct 9 11:14:00 GMT 1998

At 16:25 09/10/98 +0300, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
>Thomas Nichols wrote:
>> what is the status of attempts to access the MFC DLLs from egcs? If the
>> name-mangling schemes are incompatible, will this remain true in
>> perpetuity, or are there plans to allow MS-style name mangling as an option
>> to gcc?
>>

>Name mangling is not the only problem. Gcc passes "this" pointer when
calling class member on top of stack, but MSVC in ecx.

>--
>Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
>Moscow, Russia

What are the possibilities of an "MSVC compatibility" switch for gcc at
some future date? Do the compiler writers have this as a stated goal? If it
can be done, and if the licensing can be resolved, GPL'd software could be
quite as important under Windows as it has been under Un*x. (Before you
ask, sorry, but I don't have any experience of building compilers... I can
put in some time at the moment, though, if I can contribute anything useful.)

Regards,
Thomas Nichols.

-