I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Fri Sep 11 06:47:00 GMT 1998

In a message dated 9/11/98 6:38:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vzell@de.oracle.com writes:

> changes I had to make to the sources was commenting out the _WIN32
>  stuff because I like to make the Unix versions

Seems to me that's an anti-cygwin32 "feature" of the source code.  They've
overlooked the possibility of systems supporting both WinAPI and Unix style.
We do need to be able to express a preference for WinAPI calls, whether
running under cygwin32 or not, and, further, to use WinAPI calls in some cases
when not running under NT.
-