I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 15:13:00 GMT 1998

---Michael Czapski <MCzapski@openplus.com.au> wrote:

<snip>

> It would, in my opinion, be more beneficial to 'fix' the
stat-related issue and
> allow people to use or not use _WIN32 as they see fit rather than
discuss the
> merits of its being or not being there :-)

I agree.  This is the main point I have been trying to get to.  It is
just that I think it best served if _WIN32 is not defined by default
with cygwin.

> Sorry for unintentionally causing the prolonged discussion :-)

No need to apologize.  I've wanted to give my opinion on this for some
time and this thread provided a great opportunity to do so.  Such
discussions are what help improve the products functionality.

> Cheers ...
> Michael Czapski

==
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----