Introduction and request

Geoffrey Noer noer@cygnus.com
Fri Sep 11 18:58:00 GMT 1998

On Thu, Sep 10, 1998 at 12:10:35PM +0100, Humphris, Robert wrote:
[...]
> In so much that I have used Cygnus's C/C++ compiler within Tornado on NT
> for vxWorks, I want to build a cross compiler for various different
> chips so that I can create do my embedded system work.  Is there an FAQ
> or readme that will give me the necessary information on how to do this?
>
> Rob Humphris
> Software Engineer
> Origin-UK Technical Automation
> Robert.Humphris@uk.origin-it.com
> +44 (0)1223 394452

Your best choice :-) would be to purchase a support agreement from
Cygnus for the processor type of your choice which would get you two
regression-tested binary distributions a year on CD-ROM plus
high-quality technical support (fast turn-around times on problem
reports).  The support is probably most of what you'd be actually
paying for; it's absolutely critical for a lot of people.  But the
regression testing against target processors is pretty valuable too.
(If you have questions pertaining to our product line, please send
some email to info@cygnus.com).

Or you could try to use the latest gnu-win32 distribution (after
installing the EGCS compiler from Mumit) to build a Win32 x
processor-type from the latest EGCS sources...

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com