cannot do make install on source

Sergey Okhapkin sos@prospect.com.ru
Mon Sep 14 00:09:00 GMT 1998

John Covici wrote:
> Hi.  I am running a Pentium 200mhz using Windows 95 and I cannot do a
> make install on the source of cygwin32.
>
> When I tried it, it had trouble assembling libiberty.a, but I don't
> have the exact error message because the bash redirection is not
> working properly.

Ignore the error (run "make install -i"). Installation script cd to lib
directory and fails to start new cygwin processes because newly built
cygwinb19.dll is in lib derectory already (two dlls conflict). The problem
fixed already in current winsup sources.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-