Running SSH on Cygwin

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Fri Sep 18 22:21:00 GMT 1998

Neil Bright [ncb@cc.gatech.edu] wrote:

[...]
>While I'm on the subject...  sshd works nicely, with the exception that
>when starting it as a service (instructions taken from Sergey's web page
>about inetd) from the Control Panel/Services thingie, NT claims that the
>service could not be started, when it is actually running fine.
>
>Any NT gurus out there have any idea what is going on?

I'm not an NT guru, but - regular programs, which have been installed as
services through srvany or similar programs, are not able to react to
the requirements of the NT service control manager. They simply don't
return the correct code, that tells SCM, which state they are in.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-