Problems with Mercury

john_r_velman@mail.hac.com john_r_velman@mail.hac.com
Mon Sep 21 22:08:00 GMT 1998

Thanks for the information.  I've downloaded the latest egcs from Mumit's
site, and the Mercury snapshot -rtod-1998-09-18-..  Unfortunately, I didn't
have time over the weekend to take the next step.  In the meantime, I've
resolved the CRLF problem with my installation, and I expect that
everything will go smothly next time!  I'll let you know.

John Velman

Subject: Re: Problems with Mercury
Author:  fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU at mime
Date:    9/18/98 2:15 AM

---john_r_velman@mail.hac.com wrote:

> Has anyone successfully compiled and installed Mercury lately?

     [ other responses sniped out to save bits]
A STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION is a quite common diagnostic which can have
a range of different causes, and in this particular case I don't think
the problem was related to the use of fork().

As I said in my previous mail, the problems have been solved in
the lastest snapshot of the Mercury distribution and in the versions
of egcs/binutils available at Mumit Khan's site.

WWW: < http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh >  |  of excellence is a lethal habit"
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3        |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
-