[HELP] Loading Mingw32 built DLLs into an MSVC application (again)

Gilles Depeyrot Gilles.Depeyrot@wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 22 23:12:00 GMT 1998

Le (the) 18/09/98 18:19, Anders Norlander a écrit (wrote) :

>> I've been trying on and off for several months to create a DLL
>> using egcs and loading it into an MSVC 5.0 compiled application
>> under Windows 95.
>>
>> The problem I am encountering is that I succeed in building a
>> relocatable DLL (at least I think it is) with egcs and have no
>> problem loading it either with a small test program compiled
>> either with egcs or with MSVC.
>>
>> However, I have never succeeded in loading my sample DLL into
>> my real life application. LoadLibrary returns NULL and GetLastError
>> returns 0 !
>
>What if you statically link the DLL with your app?

That seems like an interesting test. However, howow should I go about
creating a .lib for my DLL in order to link statically in MSVC 5 ?

Gilles Depeyrot                    < mailto:Gilles.Depeyrot@wanadoo.fr >
                             < http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gilles.depeyrot >

-