Using vpath directive in makefiles

Alejandro Olchik aolchik@digitel.com.br
Wed Sep 23 13:38:00 GMT 1998

I´m having problem when using the vpath directive in a makefile. I have cywin B19 installed and I´m running make in unix mode.

Look at the followin makefile

vpath %.s //s/multinos/prj/nr1100/startup

start.o:  start.s
	copy $< $@

When trying to execute it I receive the following message
make: *** No rule to make target `start.s', needed by `start.o'.  Stop.

Am I doing something wrong? The make program does not have to search for the .s file at the vpath directories?

-----
-