cygwin.dll signal bug [WAS Re: bash and '&']

Gary V. Vaughan gvaughan@oranda.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 06:45:00 GMT 1998

tjh@quadstone.com wrote:

> Apologies if this is slightly off-thread:

It's not...

> I think Cygwin32 is great (I use b19.1).
> But one thing that bugs me is that hitting
> ^C seems to interrupt all jobs started
> from bash, not just the current job.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.  It just seems to work this way =(O|  Under UNIX it would be a
sign that the signal masks in the signal handlers are not set up
correctly in the background jobs, and that they are waking up when their
controlling tty recieves a signal.  Since the problem seems to affect
*all* background jobs, it must be something to do with the bash
process...  I had a very quick look at the signal handling in my bash
sources, and it is identical to the working signal handling for my UNIX
build.

I guess this means that the cygnal handling [I'll let that typo stand!]
in the emulation layer is buggy... but then we are firmly in win32 land,
and I become confused very quickly =)O|

Are there plans to fix this?  I presume it is a known bug?

Cheers,
	Gary V. Vaughan
-