Windows98 + inetutils

Steve Morris smorris@xionics.com
Wed Sep 30 01:02:00 GMT 1998

Hilton Fernandes writes:

 > It's possible that someone that uses MS-Windows 9X isn't particularly
 > afraid of security problems; otherwise, he or she would prefer NT or
 > some other OS.  Indeed, any user of a Windows 9X OS is already a
 > priviledged user that can do anything to the system.
 >
 > So, maybe there isn't any additional problem with a non secure access
 > to Windows 9X.

At the risk of responding to a troll I have to say that even win 9x people
care about security when you add remote login. I'm willing to use physical
access to control security on any box I have hidden in my bedroom and off the
net. Even my non net unix boxes have no root password.

I need better security when my box is on the net whether it is UNIX, NT or Win
95.

-