Shell32 functions' definitions in Cygwin and Mingw32

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 29 07:48:00 GMT 1999

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Michael Weiser wrote:

> I've just encountered and fixed some compiler errors due to some
> missing and wrong definitions for some Shell32 functions
> (FindExecutable, ShellExecute etc.). To do so I needed to change
> shellapi.h, Windows32/Functions.h and Windows32/UnicodeFunctions.h of
> Mumit's egcs-1.1.2-cygwin-b20 and egcs-1.1.2-mingw32.
>
> Where shall I mail the diffs?

You can send the changes to the list where everybody gets them at the
same time.

btw, we're moving to Anders Norlander's w32api package that is quite
complete, and these problems may already be fixed there. See:
  http://www.acc.umu.se/~anorland/gnu-win32/

Current release is 0.1.5 and Anders is putting together a new release
right now.

The next releases of all the development tools (and next Cygwin release)
will use Anders' w3api instead of the current windows32api package.

Regards,
Mumit