How can I view the man packages?

R. Hickling hicklinr@mcd.alcatel.be
Thu Apr 29 23:03:00 GMT 1999

> I've got a little problem: I downloaded the full-man.tar.bz2 and the
> user-man.tar.bz2. After unzipping and untaring both, I figured out that
> I do not have any viewer or similar to view the files without all that
> formatting stuff in them.
> Is there any "man" or "info"  command available or a place I can get
> sources for such a one?

There is an 'info' which probably can be made to work - check the mailing
list over the last couple of weeks.  I, however, could not get it to work
properly (NT4 SP4), or compile it from source properly.  Being in a hurry,
I gave up and downloaded 'emacs':
ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs/docs/ntemacs.html
which is small enough to download quickly, is a good editor and can be
installed without having to use a brain.