B20.1: Scripts not executed in the current directory (bash)

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 18:32:00 GMT 1999

--- dye053 <mitia@nwu.edu> wrote:
> In B20.1 I noticed a problem that I didn't have with B20 release:
>
> In bash, scripts with shebang (#!) are not excuted in the current
> directory, although they are correctly identified as executable files by
> ls.  On the other hand, scripts located in a different directory are
> executed without a problem.
>
> A workaround is to call the interpreter explicitly, e.g. perl foo.pl
>
> Anyone else have this problem?

It is a known relative path problem.  It will be fixed for the b21 release.  It
is fixed in the current snapshots if you dare try them.  Please read the change
log file if you do try them.
===