Memory Violation With Windres and Shared Data Segments

Harold Weissfield h_weissfield@hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:58:00 GMT 1999

Gentlemen, I have recently downloaded Mumit's Mingw32 distribution with GCC
2.95 as the compiler, and everything is working well.  However, I have had
the consistent problem of when I tried to use windres, Windows pops up a
messagebox that says something similar to the following:

"Your program accessed memory currently in use at 00003FBC from 1654:02FE.

You should save all your work, and then quit your programs.  If you continue
running this program, your system may become unstable.  Do you want to
continue?"

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem before or if it
was just my computer at fault.

On a different note, I have been searching through the documentation for GCC
for information on how to created a shared data segment in a DLL, but so far
have been unable to come up with anything.  Under Visual C++, this was done
with a #pragma comment(linker, "-section:Shared,rws") and then a #pragma
data_seg("Shared").  Is there any equivalent construct in GCC?

I appreciate any comments or suggestions, and thank you for your time.

Cheers,
Harold Weissfield