alarm.s converted to a .c file.

The Dragon maverick.merritt@citicorp.com
Wed Aug 18 13:48:00 GMT 1999

Hello,

I had sent a similair message to cygwin-help@sourceware.cygnus.com,
which I think was a mistake and I am not sure if they would forward it
to you.  So I'll ask again...

There is a UNIX function I would like to implement in my cross-platform
library (sprinkled with #ifdef's here and there)  which includes
WIN32...  That function is: void alarm(unsigned int).  I downloaded your
source code and found something that might work found in the
/src/newlib/libc/sys/sysvi386 directory and called alarm.s.  This is
assembly code and I cannot tell if it is using a common syntax or not.
I currently am using VC++ 4.2 on NT.  My question is this:  Is there any
way you could convert this to a standard .c file using Microsoft's
inline assembler directive called __asm.  This way I could compile it
using their C compiler.  If you cannot or will not convert it, could you
point me to some resources where I could figure this out for myself?
Also, do you see any implications using this assembly code (once
converted) on NT without using your tools and going through your
library?

Thanks for any help you may have on this matter,
Maverick Merritt

maverick.merritt@citicorp.com