An irritated cygwin newbie

Jon M. Taylor taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu
Wed Aug 18 20:28:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:

> > > By the way, I do not think you can do a 100% native port of GGI to Win32
> > > because all the libGII input stuff uses Unices...
> >
> > 	The input device stuff is far less performance critical than the
> > graphics stuff.
> >
> > > You will have to rewrite
> > > the
> > > whole libGGI and 75% of libGGI.
> >
> > 	I doubt that very much, but we will certainly see.  Now that I know
> > that a port is already up and running, I should be able to a lot more,
> > and do that much more easily.  Thanks for the heads-up.  I can't wait to
> > see GGIMesa running on top of a Direct3D target on Win32!
> >
> > Jon
> >

> Check your own URL and you would have found in Hune 1999 that libGGI for
> Cygwin is available.

	Yes, I am painfully aware of this now.

> Since you do not read your own GGI-project web pages

	That is a mailing list archive, and I *did* do a search before I
began.  Somehow I missed Marcus' posting.  But you know, it would have been a
lot easier to spot (actually I would almost certainly have already know about
John's work) if you and John had bothered to ask the list about the problems
you were having with XGGI.

> here is the link for you to get precompiled binaries of libGGI for Cygwin.
> ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree

	Thank you.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'