Cursors do not work in bash under Win98

Chris Faylor cgywin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Sun Aug 22 10:36:00 GMT 1999

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 04:35:01PM +0100, Nuno Bandeira wrote:
> Ahhhh, you meant Windows keyb in autoexec.bat! That thought would never
>cross my mind because everything works just fine in every Win98/command.com
>application. My problem is specifically with the default cygwin bash window,
>so I don't think I'll be messing around with my Windows config for what is
>probably a known problem.

My impression was that people had found ways to fix this problem.

The Cygwin code uses standard Win32 API calls to get it's keystrokes.
I have no idea why there would be problems with arrow keys and I'm not
going to be much help debugging the problem.

This will require a cygwin developer (Sergey or Corinna perhaps) who use
a non-US keyboard to isolate and fix the problem, if there is a problem.

-chris